1) Forgiveness: Consciously forgive others for sinning against you. We forgive because we love God. He forgave us and He commanded us to forgive others.
2) Forgive from the heart: If we’ve forgiven someone, our behavior toward him or her should be loving. We can smile at them, speak to them and be thoughtful toward them. Our thoughts and speech should be positive.
3) Pray: God wants us to pray for those who sin against us, hurt us and anger us. They are hurting others because they need prayer. Prayer blesses us! After Job had prayed for his friends, the LORD restored his fortunes and gave him twice as much as he had before (Job 42:10).
4) Release it: We must consciously release the injury by refusing to replay negative tapes in our minds. We must stop reflecting on the injury.
5) Be determined: We must be determined to let go of the offense. Satan will work daily to stir up new animosity and unforgiveness. We must resist the enemy and stand our ground, walking in love, kindness and forgiveness.
6) Change self-talk and speech: We must stop thinking negative thoughts and talking about the person.
[dt_divider style=”thin” /]
Colossians 3:13, NLT
Make allowance for each other’s faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others.