Addiction is a worldwide concern that our health systems have been unable to successfully contain. Globally, humans are addicted to a long list of substances and behaviors which includes drugs, pain killers, sedatives, anxiety meds, fast food, processed food, coffee, sugar, cigarettes, chemically enhanced forms of marijuana, alcohol, porn, greed, video games, social media, gambling, sex, deviant behaviors, and defeating relationships.
However, let me assure you that curing addiction, even deep long-standing addictions, does not have to cost money! First and foremost, it requires a commitment.
Most of us have wrestled with some of these addictions during the course of our lives. Nonetheless, we must understand that addictive substances are not a cure for disease, physical pain, emotional wounds, and everyday stressors. This includes prescription medications. We can do so much better!
The good news is that addiction—ALL addiction—is curable. Often, we have remained addicted because it seems easier to maintain our habit than to resist. We may convince ourselves that we don’t have the time, the answers, or the willpower to deal with our addiction.
Often, the real challenge is that we haven’t committed to long-term trust in God alone.
The Word of God says, “Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them” (Mark 11:24, NKJV).
Let me say again, “Curing any addiction does not have to cost money!”
Isaiah 41:10 says, “Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand” (NLT).
That is a promise from God. He’s saying to stop depending on yourself. He will strengthen you, He will help you, and He will uphold you. In fact, He will send others to help you!
Stop for a moment and ponder these questions:
- Do you believe in God?
- Are you willing to trust Him, instead of your willpower?
- Do you desire to change right now?
- Are you motivated? If so, why?
- Are you willing to commit?
If your answer is YES to these simple questions, you can BE FREE—FOR FREE!
If you want to break free of ANY addiction, do this:
- Give your life and all your concerns to God.
- Buy a New King James Holy Bible and begin to read the New Testament, life and words of Jesus Christ. You can use a free phone APP to listen to the Bible.
- Connect with a local church and begin to fellowship with likeminded believers. You can gain free practical help and emotional support from local churches.
- Forgive everyone who has hurt or disappointed you. Drop that baggage! Don’t look back, just go forward.
- When you need help, reach out to God in prayer. He will guide you and send information and people to help you. Relax, you don’t have to be perfect; dare to trust in God.
- Finally, don’t be afraid to ask your local hospital or medical team for ideas, support, and referrals to free social services.
ANY addiction can be cured if you believe this Word from God.
Mark 9:23 says, “…Anything is possible, if a person believes” (NLT).
Start now. Say this prayer with me.
“Father God, I come to you just as I am. I repent of all my sins and I ask for your forgiveness. I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that He died to pay for my sins. Lord Jesus come into my life, live your life in me and through me; from this day forward, I belong to you. Father, I thank you right now, that I AM saved and healed in Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
Brothers and Sisters, if you said that prayer in faith, you now have God’s Spirit, a spirit of absolute FREEDOM.
2 Corinthians 3:17 says, “And where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom” (NIV).
For more information read, “Divine Healing,” available on Amazon in Print and Kindle here: